64 Uses for the ALL-PURPOSE HOUSEHOLD WONDER!!!
1. Kill grass on walks and driveways. Pour full strength on unwanted grass.
2. Kill weeds. Spray full strength on tops of weeds. Reapply on any new
growth until plants have starved.
3. Increase soil acidity. In hard water areas, add a cup of vinegar to a
gallon of tap water for watering acid
loving plants like rhododendrons,gardenias, or azaleas. The vinegar will
release iron in the soil for the plants to
4. Neutralize garden lime. Rinse your hands liberally with vinegar after
working with garden lime to avoid rough
and flaking skin. Clean pots before re potting, rinse with vinegar to remove
5. Deter ants. Spray vinegar around door and window frames, under appliances,
and along other known ant trails.
6. Keep car windows frost free. Coat the windows the night before with a
solution of three parts vinegar to one
7. Polish car chrome. Apply full strength with a soft cloth.
8. Soak new propane lantern wicks in vinegar for several hours. Let dry before
using. Will burn longer and brighter.
9. Clean milking equipment. Rinse with vinegar to leave system clean,
odorless, and bacteria free without harmful
10. Remove skunk odor from a dog. Rub fur with vinegar.
11. Keep cats away. Sprinkle vinegar on an area to discourage cats from
walking,sleeping,or scratching on it.
12. Keep dogs from scratching ears. Clean the inside of the ears with a soft
cloth dipped in diluted vinegar.
13. Keep away fleas and mange. Add a little vinegar to your pet's
14. Keep chickens from pecking each other. Add cider vinegar to their
15. Make buttermilk. Add a tablespoon of vinegar to a cup of milk and let it
stand 5 minutes to thicken.
16. Tenderize meat. Soak in vinegar overnight.
17. Freshen vegetables. Soak wilted vegetables in a quart of cold water and a
tablespoon of vinegar.
18. Replace a lemon. Substitute 1/4 teaspoon of vinegar for 1 teaspoon of
19. Firm up gelatin. Add a teaspoon of vinegar for every box of gelatin used
to keep those molded desserts from
sagging in the summer heat.
20. Boil better eggs. Add 2 tablespoons of vinegar to each quart of water
before boiling eggs, keeps them from
21. Prepare fluffier rice. Add a teaspoon of vinegar to the water when it
22. Make wine vinegar. Mix 2 tablespoons of vinegar with 1 teaspoon of dry
23. Debug fresh vegetables. Wash leafy greens in water with vinegar and salt.
Bugs float off.
24. Scale fish more easily. Rub with vinegar 5 minutes before scaling.
25. Dampen your appetite. Sprinkle a little vinegar on prepared food to take
the edge off your appetite.
26. Soothe a bee or jellyfish sting. Douse with vinegar. Will soothe
irritation and relieve itching.
27. Relieve sunburn. Lightly rub white or cider vinegar on skin.
Reapply as needed.
28. Conditions hair. Add a tablespoon of vinegar to your rinse to dissolve
sticky residue left by shampoo.
29. Relieve dry and itchy skin. Add 2 tablespoons of vinegar to your bath
30. Fight dandruff. After shampooing, rinse with a solution of 1/2 cup
vinegar and 2 cups of warm water.
31. Soothe a soar throat. Put a teaspoon of vinegar in a glass of water.
Gargle, then swallow. For another great
gargle: 1 c. Hot water, 2 tbsp. Honey, 1 tbsp. Vinegar, gargle then drink.
32. Clear up warts. Apply a lotion of half cider vinegar and half glycerin.
33. Treat sinus infections and chest colds. Add 1/4 cup or more vinegar to
34. Feel good. A teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water, with a
bit of honey added for flavor, will
take the edge off your appetite and give you an overall healthy feeling.
35. Deodorize the kitchen drain. Pour a cup down the drain once a week. Let
stand 30 minutes and then flush with
36. Eliminate onion odor. Rub on your fingers before and after slicing.
37. Clean and disinfect wood cutting boards. Wipe with full strength vinegar.
38. Remove fruit stains from hands. Rub with vinegar.
39. Cut grease and odor on dishes. Add a tablespoon of vinegar to hot soapy
40. Clean a teapot. Boil a mixture of water and vinegar in the teapot.
Wipe away the grime.
41. Freshen a lunch box. Soak a piece of bread in vinegar and let it sit in
the lunch box over night.
42. Clean the refrigerator. Wash with a solution of equal parts water and
43. Unclog a drain. Pour a handful of baking soda down the drain and add 1/2
cup of vinegar.
Rinse with hot water.
44. Clean and deodorize the garbage disposal. Make vinegar ice cubes and feed
them down the disposal.
After grinding, run cold water through a minute.
45. Clean and deodorize jars. Rinse mayonnaise, peanut butter, and mustard
jars with vinegar when empty.
46. Clean the dishwasher. Run a cup of vinegar through the whole cycle once a
month to reduce soap build up on the
inner mechanisms and on glassware.
47. Clean stainless steel. Wipe with a vinegar dampened cloth.
48. Clean china and fine glassware. Add cup of vinegar to a sink of warm
water. Gently dip the glass or china in
the solution and let dry.
49. Get stains out of pots. Fill pot with a solution of 3 tablespoons of
vinegar to a pint of water. Boil until
stain loosens and can be washed away.
50. Clean the microwave. Boil a solution of 1/4 cup of vinegar and 1 cup of
water in the microwave.
Will loosen splattered on food and deodorize.
51. Dissolve rust from bolts and other metals. Soak in full strength vinegar.
52. Get rid of cooking smells. Let simmer a small pot of vinegar and water
53. Unclog steam iron. Pour equal amounts of vinegar and water into the
iron's water chamber.
Turn to steam and leave the iron on for 5 minutes in an upright position.
Then unplug and allow to cool.
Any loose particles should come out when you empty the water.
54. Clean a scorched iron plate. Heat equal parts vinegar and salt in a small
pan. Rub solution on the cooled iron
surface to remove dark or burned stains.
55. Get rid of lint in clothes. Add 1/2 cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle.
56. Keep colors from running. Immerse clothes in full strength vinegar before
57. Freshen up the washing machine. Periodically, pour a cup of vinegar in
the machine and let in run through a
regular cycle (no clothes added). Will dissolve soap residue.
58. Brighten fabric colors. Add a 1/2 cup vinegar to the rinse cycle.
59. Take grease off suede. Dip a toothbrush in vinegar and gently brush over
60. Remove tough stains. Gently rub on fruit, jam, mustard, coffee, tea. Then
wash as usual.
61. Get smoke smell out of clothes. Add a cup of vinegar to a bath tub of hot
water. Hang clothes above the steam.
62. Remove decals. Brush with a couple coats of vinegar. Allow to soak in.
63. Clean eyeglasses. Wipe each lens with a drop of vinegar.
64. Freshen cut flowers. Add 2 tablespoons vinegar and 1 teaspoon sugar for
each quart of water.