• There is a terrible hunger for love. We all experience that in our lives - the pain, the loneliness.
We must have the courage to recognize it. The poor you may have right in your own family. Find
them. Love them
• "I once picked up a woman from a garbage dump and she was burning with fever; she was in
her last days and her only lament was: ‘My son did this to me.’ I begged her: You must forgive
your son. In a moment of madness, when he was not himself, he did a thing he regrets. Be a
mother to him, forgive him. It took me a long time to make her say: ‘I forgive my son.’ Just before
she died in my arms, she was able to say that with a real forgiveness. She was not concerned that
she was dying. The breaking of the heart was that her son did not want her. This is something you
and I can understand"
• "When once a chairman of a multinational company came to see me, to offer me a property in
Bombay, he first asked: ‘Mother, how you manage your budget?" I asked him who had sent him
here. He replied: ‘I felt an urge inside me.’ I said: other people like you come to see me and say the
same. It was clear God sent you, Mr. A, as He sends Mr. X, Mrs. Y, Miss Z, and they provide the
material means we need for our work. The grace of God is what moved you. You are my budget.
God sees to our needs, as promised. I accepted the property he gave and named it Asha Dan (Gift
• "Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin"
• Make us worthy, Lord, to serve those people throughout the world who live and die in poverty
and hunger. Give them through our hands, this day, their daily bread, and by our understanding
love, give them peace and joy
• You and I, we are the Church. We have to share with our people. Suffering today is because
people are keeping, not giving, not sharing. God made it very clear. Whatever you do to the least
of people, you do it to me. Give a glass of water, you give it to me. Receive a little child, you
• Everybody today seems to be in such a terrible rush, anxious for greater developments and
greater riches and so on, so much that children have very little time for their parents. Parents
have very little time for their children, for each other, and in the home begins the disruption of
peace of the world
• If we really want to love we must learn how to forgive. A clean heart is a free heart. Purity,
chastity, and virginity create a special beauty that attracts God’s attention
• Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart
• Give yourself fully to God. He will use you to accomplish great things on the condition that
you believe much more in His love than in your own weakness
• Speak tenderly to them. Let there be kindness in your face, in your eyes, in your smile, in the
warmth of your greeting. Always have a cheerful smile. Don't only give your care, but give your
heart as well
• The more you have, the more you are occupied, the less you give. But the less you have the
more free you are. Poverty for us is a freedom. It is not mortification, a penance. It is joyful
freedom. There is no television here, no this, no that. But we are perfectly happy
• I pray that you will understand the words of God, “Love one another as I have loved you.” Ask
yourself “How has he loved me? Do I really love others in the same way?” Unless this love is
among us, we can kill ourselves with work and it will only be work, not love. Work without love is
• Little things are indeed little, but to be faithful in little things is a great thing
• A sacrifice to be real must cost, must hurt, and must empty ourselves. The fruit of silence is
prayer, the fruit of prayer is faith, the fruit of faith is love, the fruit of love is service, and the fruit
of service is peace
• "Keep the joy of loving God in your heart and share this joy with all you meet. Be holy – Pray"
When a poor person dies of hunger, it has not happened because God did not take care of him or
her. It has happened because neither you nor I wanted to give that person what he or she needed.